A Beer, A Bite, and A Brewery: Allagash
June 25, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
For our next edition of A Beer, A Bite, and A Brewery, we (and especially owner Matt) are very excited to introduce one of our favorite breweries in the country to Madison beer fans. Allagash Brewing out of Portland, Maine strives to create some of the best Belgian-style beers in the world. They also have an extensive wild beer program, and in 2007 were the first brewery in the country to add a coolship and start to brew traditional, Belgian-style spontaneously fermented beer.
A few representatives of the brewery will join us to tell us about the brewery, give tasting notes on the beers, and lead a Q&A.
Register now for this virtual event and receive:
* A four-pack of Allagash beers including Allagash White, Tripel, Curieux, and Coolship Peche
* Cheese and Charcuterie board curated to go with the beers
* Allagash swag
* A code for a Zoom Meet and Greet with the Allagash crew
* Brasserie V and Longtable jpeg backgrounds so you can customize your Zoom experience
Cost is $50. Event materials will be available for pickup at Brasserie V and Lontable Beer Cafe the week of June 22nd. We will set up a number of specific curbside pickup time-frames, and send out a signup link to all who register for the event.
You must be over 21 to purchase a ticket. IDs will be checked at event material pickup.
About the beers:
• Allagash White – the beer that put them on the map. Wheat beer spiced a special blend of coriander and Curaçao orange peel.
• Allagash Tripel – Classic in the Belgian style. Notes of passion fruit and honey in the aroma, hopped with Nugget and Hallertau.
• Allagash Curieux – Tripel aged in bourbon barrels for seven weeks. then blended with a portion of fresh Tripel. Smooth notes of coconut, vanilla, and a hint of bourbon. Soooooo good!
• Allagash Coolship Peche – Aged in French oak wine barrels for roughly two years. Notes of tart funk, apricot, and oak.