In case you missed it, we are OPEN for outdoor dining on our sidewalk cafe and back patio!
Your health, along with the health of our staff and community, is of utmost importance to us, so here is what you can expect when you visit:
- There are a limited number of tables to ensure physical distancing. Unfortunately, we will not be able to seat groups larger than two at the sidewalk tables to ensure sufficient clearance for pedestrians.
- We will have a host to seat you so we can ensure tables have been thoroughly sanitized before you are seated. Please check in with the host stand at the front door for all seating, including the back patio.
- We have touch-free and single-use paper menus. Just bring up the camera on your phone and center the menu QR codes at the tables in the frame. This will help us minimize cost and waste from single-use paper menus.
- Please refrain from paying or tipping in cash. We do not have cash on hand at the restaurant to make change or distribute in the tip pool.
- Our staff wears masks whenever they are working, and you will be required to wear a mask and use one of our hand sanitizing stations when you enter the restaurant. For now, you will only be able to enter the restaurant to use the rest room or walk through to the back patio. If you don’t have your own mask, no worries – we will have them available for purchase ($1).
- We won’t be taking reservations. But, if there is a wait for tables, you can always take a stroll down Monroe Street and check out our friends at Good Day Shop, Hive, Strictly Discs, Monroe Street Framing, Art Gecko, Orange Tree Imports and more. We can text you when your table is ready.
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you dine with us another time.
While we are excited to be able to offer outdoor seating, we understand that not everyone is ready to dine out quite yet, so we will also continue to offer curbside carryout. Order online at https://brasseriev.hrpos.heartland.us/menu or call in your order at (608) 255-8500 during service hours. EatStreet delivery is also available.
Finally, we want to give a reminder that we have added lunch back into the mix for outdoor dining and curbside carryout Tuesday through Saturday. To be quite honest, lunch has been very slow, even on Fridays and Saturdays, and we are evaluating if it makes financial sense to continue. We expect outdoor seating will help, but we would love to hear your thoughts – please email us back and let us know: are you dining out/ordering out for lunch? If so, how often? What should we be thinking about to make our lunch service most appealing for you? If you are working in any kind of group setting and bring in catering for lunch, please consider us!
As always, we appreciate your continued support. We wouldn’t have made it this far without you.